We are Hong Kong’s largest provider of residential high speed fibre broadband (symmetrical 100Mbps to 1,000Mbps) services by number of subscriptions, and a fast growing enterprise solutions provider. We offer a full range of telecommunications solutions for both the residential and enterprise markets, encompassing broadband and Wi-Fi network services, cloud solutions, data connectivity, data facilities, system integration, mobile services, entertainment and voice communications. We own an extensive fibre network in Hong Kong, which covers over 2.2 million residential homes passed, representing approximately 81% of Hong Kong’s total residential units, and 2,300 commercial buildings.
“Hong Kong” comes first in our name for good reason. Playing an integral part of Hong Kong’s telecom services, we deem it our mission to “Make our Hong Kong a Better Place to Live”, through our work and by inspiring others to do likewise. Since our inception, we've strived to improve the lives of our fellow Hongkongers by disrupting the industry norms. We challenged the industry incumbent by building our own premium fibre optic network and pioneering Fibre-To-The-Home Service at competitive prices. Every day, our hi-speed (100Mbps to 1,000Mbps) broadband services help Hongkongers work more efficiently and play faster. With a price ceiling for our basic 100Mbps residential broadband service set at 1% of Hong Kong’s median monthly household income, we’ve responsibly made the benefits of world-class Internet extremely accessible. Other industry leading innovations include our 14-day cooling-off periods for new residential customers, and our free-to-go broadband plans, both of which provide enhanced service flexibility. Apart from the telecom services we offer, we also take our core purpose as the guiding principle when we devise and execute our Talent engagement and corporate social investment strategy.
We are managed by over 300 Co-Owners who have invested their own savings to buy shares of HKBN Ltd (SEHK: 1310).It is through this unique dynamic of accountability and interest alignment – combining a mission to create better possibilities for Hong Kong with an obligation for entrepreneurial excellence for HKBN’s sustainable growth – that drives us to scale new heights every day.
You will create impact via…
- Design/Build/implement database systems of high availability and quality depending on the application requirement
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner
- Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- Manage the backup of data and ensure the integrity
- To provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for application teams
The follow attributes will be valued…
- Bachelor degree in a IT, Computer Science or relevant disciplines
- Process the insight of a proper enterprise IT environment including latest technology trend, operation efficiency and software development practice
- Able to provide suggestions of overall application design and system integration according to application nature and technology stack
- 2 - 3 years of proven working experience as a Database administrator on Oracle/MS SQL/MySQL
- Knowledge on Oracle database RAC cluster and data guard will be an advantage
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications
- Knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- Candidate with less experience but with high caliber will also be considered
|Looking for||Database Administrator|