Founder and Director of Uprise
Uprise is a Hong Kong-based fintech lending startup that provides responsible and transparent financing for SMEs in Asia. Our mission is to provide quick and simple funds to help small businesses grow.
At Uprise, we are committed to using technology and innovation to open up financial access to entrepreneurs. We have a relentless drive to bridge the financing gap of underserved business owners, and we are keen to contribute to the growth and uprise of small businesses in Asia.
Already with presence in Hong Kong, partnering with global payment leaders such as PayPal and Stripe to deliver innovative financing solutions to online merchants. We hope to be able to expand to other Asian countries soon.
Software Engineers will be the core of our online financing solution. We’re looking for someone passionate about building new applications from the ground up to develop an innovative financing solution for new economy entrepreneurs in Asia that are underserved by banks.
Here at Uprise, you’ll work closely with your peers in a flat structure to share responsibilities. The technology team should move fast, celebrate great ideas, inspire testing and learning, and stretch for new solutions.
This pivotal role is responsible for building the online SME lending platform from top to bottom, collaborating directly and frequently with the internal team, outsourced developers, and third party strategic partners to co-create solutions for merchant customers. The ultimate users of the product are currently targeted at online merchants who use certain types of online payment gateways. We expect to expand the user-base to offline merchants as well through partnership with other of e-payment solution providers.
- 3+ years solid software development experience
- Knowledge in one or more popular framework such as Rails, React, Play, NodeJS.
- Familiarity with databases, e.g. MySQL / MongoDB / PostgreSQL / Redis.Knowledge and experience in building online / offline payment gateway or financing solutions
- Demonstrated interest and passionate in bridging the financing gap faced by SMEs and entrepreneurs in Asia
- Proficient in English and Chinese (either Mandarin or Cantonese)
- Must be willing to occasionally travel to Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan and other Southeast Asian countries.