Carousell is Southeast Asia's largest and fastest growing mobile marketplace, and a highly-rated iPhone & Android app that makes selling as simple as taking a photo. Backed by Sequoia Capital, Rakuten, Golden Gate Ventures, 500 Startups and other internationally renowned investors, the Carousell mission is to inspire the world to start selling.
With Carousell, we're building a mobile buying and selling experience that's as simple as texting or taking a photo. This opens up a world of opportunity for first-time sellers to participate in the sharing economy by monetising their new, preloved and unused items at home while connecting with fellow community members just like themselves.
One of the big reasons why our team is so aligned and passionate about what we do is because we all believe in the same core values. Here they are, exactly as they were when our co-founders first started the company.
1. Mission first
When faced with difficult decisions, always look to the mission. No single person’s ego should come in the way of the mission.
2. Care deeply
We always ask how we can do better. And we go the extra mile to help and improve wherever possible.
3. Solve problems
Carousell was conceived because of our focus on solving problems. And this focus is what will keep us improving, always.
4. Be relentlessly resourceful
We do things that do not scale. And we work around constraints. We’ll do whatever it takes to delight our community.
5. Stay humble
We are always less than 1% done. Our mission is to serve the world, and we want to make online selling accessible to every person who’s connected to the internet.
We believe in taking risks, and really listening to the people who work for us. We believe in late nights at the coffee and throwing ideas back and forth over a cup of coffee.
People are the most important part of our company, and we make the time to have fun together. We have Family Friday's at the office, and we've had a lot of fun celebrating Christmas as well. Join the fun NOW!
Do you want your work to impact product features and services used by millions? Are you highly motivated, creative and passionate about law and technology? If so, then Carousell’s legal team is looking for you!
The Legal & Compliance team is responsible for all legal and compliance aspects of Carousell's operations across all countries where Carousell has a local presence including Malaysia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore, Australia and Vietnam.
You will be engaging in:
- Providing support and ensure compliance with regulations by examining and analysing records, reports, operating practices, policies, and documentation; recommending opportunities to strengthen the internal control structure
- Drafting, reviewing and advising on commercial contracts
- Providing support and assistance to maintain a high standard of corporate governance.
- Providing support and assistance to maintain a high standard of data protection policies and practices
- Assisting with various aspects of corporate secretarial work and oversee required regulatory filings.
- Further develop, maintain and update internal newsletters, educational material, legal systems and records
It will be a good match if you have:
- Minimum of 3 years PQE with relevant experience in top-tier law firms and/or in-house legal departments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and deadline oriented
- Ability to react quickly to changing circumstances and deal with ambiguity to build creative solutions
- Interested and have broad knowledge of e-commerce, consumer technology, convenience and shipping
Excited about what you’re seeing? Click “Want to Visit” to get in contact with us today! Don’t forget to fill up your Wantedly profile so we can get to know you better! :)