No description available.
We’re here to solve travellers’ problems. Together, we spread the Skyscanner word and continually look for new and compelling ways to connect with people, helping them make new discoveries.
Having evolved from a traditional marketing approach, we operate in growth squads (small teams with our own goals) and tribes (collections of squads working together). This way, we can work hand-in-hand with product, engineering and commercial to innovate, experiment and move fast.
Travel joy. It's what we're all about!
We all live in a perpetual state of wanderlust, with difference and distance coming together to create a tonic for the soul.
At Skyscanner, we put travellers at the heart of everything we do and we’re obsessed with turning their travel dreams into reality. And we’re only 1% done!
Today we’re still changing the way people travel - but on a much larger scale. Whether it’s a flight, hotel, train or car hire, we use our technology to connect more than 70 million travellers with what’s possible and help them live new experiences each month.
Their journeys inspire us to keep moving. We’ve come a long way in a short time and we’ve got no plans to slow down. With more than 900 staff based in 10 offices around the world, we’re continually creating even better experiences for travellers and striving towards our ambition to be the world’s single most trusted travel app.
Founded in 2003, we employ over 1000 staff, with offices in Barcelona, Beijing, Budapest, Edinburgh, Glasgow, London, Miami, Palo Alto, Shenzhen, Singapore and Sofia. Skyscanner is part of the Ctrip group.
We are proud of what we do and the way we go about it, so it’s really important that we look after and nurture our company culture.
At Skyscanner, we put the traveller first. If it doesn’t work for them, it doesn’t work for us. Share the same passion to create the very best experiences and, in return, we give you challenge, autonomy, development and reward.
We also know how important it is to strike a healthy balance so you can be at your best, own your role and make work, well, work for all of us.
Our engineers work in autonomous squads where they can create their own backlog, ship code whenever they want and don’t have dependencies in order to deliver to the traveller.
Using global scale services, big data and machine learning to assemble, we normalise and make sense of real-time information from our thousands of partners. Challenge yourself with large-scale, complex problems where you can reach 70 million users whilst enjoying a high level of autonomy and influence and a flexible working environment where you can thrive!
Our engineering principles are:
1) We have a clear definition of success for every piece of work.
2) We ship multiple times a day and deliver customer value week in, week out.
3) We use design reviews to validate every significant change.
4) We deliver our products using our defined technology standards.
5) We peer review every change.
6) Our Definitions of Done include being live in production… responsibly.
7)You build it, you run it.
8)Most importantly, these are organic beliefs. We iterate. We learn. We grow. And our principles adapt with us.
What will you expect:
- A supportive, trusting and transparent working environment
- A place to look at things differently and offer up solutions, as well as challenging them
- Collaboration across product engineering, from initial ideas to solutions going live
- Being responsible for multiple key product feature components within your area
- You’ll define and implement the services that make up a complex sub system within the scope of your area
- An opportunity to influence your fellow engineers, and be generous with your time and experience
- Learning from the similarly great minds around you
What we’re looking for
- Previous job experience as a software engineer, ideally within ideally within a highly scalable environment.
- Metrics driven approach to making decisions, prioritisation and continuous deployment
- Modern engineering mindset – you’re keen to experiment and use A/B testing in order to move forward quickly and efficiently
- Use of methodologies for continuous delivery to improve travellers’ experiences
- You feel comfortable balancing technical, analytical and product needs, and know the difference between Single Page -- - Apps and Server-Side Rendering
- You’re enthusiastic about meeting customer needs and appreciate what makes beautiful product, UX and design
- You make others better proactively through code reviews, documentation, technical guidance and mentoring.
- Capable of working with others to build a new frontend codebase from scratch, enabling us to scale through component driven development
- You’re excited by modern frontend technologies and frameworks, such as: ES6, Sass/Less, Webpack, npm, React, Angular, Vue, Backbone and HTML, CSS
Looks fascinating? Click on the "Want To Visit" button to let us know you're keen to be part of the high growth dynamic team!