At F-drones, we are building the world’s first transition drone to enable aerial deliveries to oil rigs and ships. Our unique design will have a combination of heavy payload and long range capabilities that would put other existing delivery drones to shame. With such incredible specs, our drone can still take-off vertically, fly like a fixed-wing aircraft, and land on a moving target.
Consumer-grade drones are passe; We are building aviation-grade drones that would set high safety and reliability standards. We aim to be the leader of heavy payload drone logistics across industries in 5 years.
F-drones is an early stage startup backed by some exciting entities. We are looking to build an exceptional & passion-driven core team to lead strategic developments.
You will join us as a core team member and lead the computer vision based systems’ development at F-drones. This is multifaceted and you are expected to build, manage and develop a team as we progress.
You will work closely with Autopilot software, Embedded and Design teams to build a robust vision/LiDAR ecosystem (on-board the drone) for perception-based navigation and landing. The target is to build an aviation standard single-subsystem which can enable VISLAM (for vision-based navigation), detect and avoid, multi-sensor based landing and smart fail-safes. Development should follow aviation certification standards and you shall establish processes with other teams to ensure that these standards are met. Extensive SIL and HIL simulations must be performed before field testing.
At F-drones, you will be charting the development of world-class computer vision systems that enable centimeter level landing-accuracies for our drones. The drones will also be able to avoid obstacles and unsafe landing locations, and be equipped with seamless fusion of GPS, VIO and other sensor-based navigation to provide the best overall mission accuracy.
● Masters in Electronics/Computer science/Aerospace or similar discipline. Exceptional individuals with lower academic qualifications may be considered.
● More than 3 years experience working on Vision systems/LiDAR, Image Processing/SLAM and multi-sensor fusion
● Strong background in sensing, localization, behavior, and path-planning for probabilistic robotics (including computer vision, vision-based localization and mapping, robot perception, robot behavior, and autonomous vehicle development)
● Experience in the entire product development lifecycle, and able to prioritise and meet deadlines
● You preach and put into practice the importance of maintainability, relentless testing and enjoy implementing best practices
● Programming experience in C++, Python, ROS, Linux
● Know-how of communication protocols such as MAVLINK, RTPS/DDS is a plus
|Looking for||Lead - Computer Vision Systems|
There are no recommendations yet.