No description available.
To provide personal and meaningful connections through our suite of dating platforms and services.
Paktor was founded with the mission of connecting singles in Asia through technology enabled platforms. To date, Paktor’s platforms have grown rapidly across the region and established leadership positions in each of the company’s key markets in Asia. With a user base of over 22 million, Paktor has successfully created 100 million matches.
NOT JUST A DATING APP
Paktor launched in 2013, when our co-founder Joseph Phua found himself single after a failed relationship. Since its inception, the app has been all about the romantic aspects of people meeting each other; its very name is the Hokkien expression for “going on a date”.
As our company and vision progressed, as we learned more things, we realized that people meet other people at different parts of their lives. They can be at work, out with friends and drinking, at activities where friends invite new friends. Thinking larger, you can meet new people during every aspect of your life, and what we want to try to do is fulfill and serve those aspects within one platform.
To drive our mission of connecting singles in Asia, we have built an online app and an offline dating agency to promote the romantic aspects of people meeting each other:
PAKTOR – THE APP
Leveraging our proprietary technologies and first-mover advantage, Paktor’s flagship app has become the most successful social networking app for singles in the region. With a user base of 22 million, Paktor has successfully created 100 million matches. We are poised to become the first company to provide a comprehensive suite of products to our users across the dating vertical, focused on creating value for various segments of our target audience, in the process ensuring maximum industry coverage and further dominance.
GAIGAI – GO ON DATES!
GaiGai (走街) is the leading offline dating agency in Singapore that is wholly owned by Paktor Group. Headquartered in the sunny shores of Singapore, GaiGai serves to offer a physical channel of connecting people, particularly singles. Forget exorbitant prices, mundane events and awkward moments. We provide modern matching services which are focused on casual settings, great company, and low prices that make effective dating affordable to everyone.
The idea behind GaiGai is to create a vibrant environment where we provide our members with the opportunity to interact with other members beyond their circle of friends and empower them with relevant social skills to be more approachable when meeting new people. In the long run, we hope to contribute to the local dating scene and foster opportunities for singles to interact in exciting and fun social settings around Singapore.
We’re looking for a thoughtful, extremely talented Product Designer to join our team. Our aim is to deliver a fun, no-pressure dating experience that leads the dating scenes in Asia and beyond.
- Brainstorm for new features with our Product Manager and Head of Design
- Gather insights through research
- Identify the scope of work, business goals and user goals
- Create hypothesis to support the task goals
- Conceptualise and propose design solutions. Iterate on them through wireframing the flow and prototyping the design
- Engage in feature calls. Communicate and work with engineers to support implementations
- Document final design in Github
- Communicate with data team on metrics to measure for a successful feature
- Test the developed features together with of Quality Assurance team
- Conduct bi-annual user testing or interviews to understand what users want to change in the app
- Bachelor of Science in Graphic Design, Visual Design, Communication Design, Human Factors (HCI) or a related field
- Minimum 2 years of related mobile app design experiences
- A thinker, a problem solver and an innovator. Able to think at a high level from product strategy and company visions
- Has great eyes for details
- Strong in UX and interactions to deliver the best user experiences for our users
- Strong in UI executions creating compelling designs that match up to the market
- Highly organised, able to articulate your thought process and design rationale during product discussions
- Always curious about the `whys` from users
- Apply research, observations as hypothesis to sculpt future product directions
- Self-initiated, disciplined and an independent designer is needed in our fast-paced working environment
- Possess good communication as you’ll have a good amount of time working with remote colleagues
- Must have exposure to Agile environment., good in time-management to ensure delivery of tasks
*Portfolio is required during application.