Occam Lab is an event tech start-up based in Singapore, and specialises in providing technology solutions for professional events.
In Occam, we value teamwork and adaptability in our work.
We practice open, communicative and trusting culture in our start-up.
We believe in providing equal opportunity and nurturing environment to all.
We strive to create an open platform to exchange ideas and create new solutions that will support and benefit the event industry in the long term.
You will be tasked to....
• Design, build, maintain and scale a cloud-based production environment.
• Monitor the health and uptime of our production environment and its dependencies.
• Diagnose and develop root cause solutions for failures and performance issues in our production environment.
• Design, create, and maintain databases.
• Implementation backup and restore solution for production environment and databases.
• Integration of user-facing elements developed by a Front End Developer with server side logic.
• Develop systems and procedures that ensure the privacy and security of customer data.
• Develop with eye on quality and scalability.
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
• Maintain codebase and implement any necessary additions or enhancements.
• Use continuous deployment tools to provide a seamless deployment process to all environments.
• Meet tight deadlines as required.
And our requirements of you..
• Strong experience with AWS compute services (EC2, Lambda) and database products (RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB).
• Monitoring of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes.
• At least three years of professional background with server-side languages and their web frameworks such as Python with Django/Flask, Ruby with Ruby on Rails/Sinatra, and Node.js with Express.js/Meteor.js.
• Proficiency with database technology such as MySQL and NoSQL.
• Evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
• Experience working with Restful APIs especially connecting to payment gateway and social media platforms.
• Experience with Git version control system.
• B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred.
• Experience with building a CMS/CRM is a plus.