Former investor and finance professional, now startup operator
Based in Hong Kong
Reap is a platform that allows Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to pay all operating expenses (ie. rent, salaries, suppliers, etc.) using a credit card. Through credit cards, SMES would gain instant access to inexpensive capital and immediately improve operational cash flow/working capital. Founded by an early Stripe employee and a former investor in emerging markets Asia, Reap looks to leverage transaction data and existing banking relationships to build a full stack credit-based payments system for all SMEs.
Reap wants to realize the potential and impact of the SME segment. We have created a platform that enables growth for SMEs through access to instant credit.
- Be aware of and accept your own faults and shortcomings
- Start by seeking for opinions, experiences and help from others
- Asking for help is a form of strength rather than weakness
- be obsessed with learning, development and self improvement
- Get takeaways with every decision (product, engineering, sales, etc) you make and strive to improve regardless of the outcome
- Demonstrate learning by deliberately choosing to be the strongest listener in the room
**Always be candid**
- Communicate with openness and transparency
- Be extremely caring and extremely direct and understand that it is a privilege to receive feedback from the team
- When in doubt, choose to overcommunicate and risk being repetitive in order to ensure mutual understanding
**Bias to action**
- Getting an outcome (whether positive or negative) creates opportunities for learning and is almost always a better decision than searching for the optimal answer
- Instead of thinking about the optimal decision making process, we should set-up quick, action oriented experiments so that (incorrect) decisions can be changed if needed
- Fast speed of execution is Reap's biggest competitive advantage against larger companies with more resources
- That said, before we make a decision, we should still aim to ask why often by thinking through first principles, playing devil's advocate and staying curious in general.
**Strive for quality and ownership**
- If needed, we should feel comfortable in reducing the scope of work as a tradeoff for quality
- Almost every single aspect of Reap could be improved so we encourage folks to take initiative in going above and beyond to look for these improvements
We're looking for a full-time Content Strategist to join our growing team and help bring Reap’s incredible story and value proposition to life. This person is a strong strategic thinker with outstanding editorial writing capabilities. Someone who will embody and empower the brand’s voice through thought leadership. Someone who thrives on big challenges and responds with big creative solutions.
This is an exciting opportunity for individuals who want to work at a fast-paced, funded, startup and contribute to the strategic direction of the company. If you’re entrepreneurial, ambitious and a versatile content writer looking to have immediate hands-on responsibilities and work with both the product, design and sales/marketing teams in driving growth, this is your opportunity to build a platform and scale a company.
Pay will be competitive and based on strong talent and experience.
You might enjoy this role if you:
• You will support the team in crafting a voice for Reap, across all of our channels, that is consistent with our brand, establishes thought leadership, and builds trust among our community
• You will apply intelligence, wit and heart to make complex services and value propositions understandable, relatable and deeply relevant
• You will help conceive, lead and execute content initiatives, researching and producing them in consultation with Reap subject matter experts, industry experts and creative team members – as well as helping to manage and edit third-party content partners
• You will translate big creative ideas that cross channels, audiences and buyer stages into content that compels customers and prospects to take action
• You will use analytics, trending data, and qualitative audience insights to inform future planning and content development. Have a deep understanding of SEO methodologies
• You will partner with the leading companies to identify new ways to syndicate and surface the best and most relevant content to our readers, driving exposure, engagement and conversion
• Assisting with research and implementation of content for organic SEO success while monitoring Reap’s keyword rankings and occasionally addressing site health issues.
• You will maintain the agility and flexibility to write everything from eBooks and white papers to blog posts and podcasts to articles and educational digital experiences
• You will contribute to marketing materials that promote content, including web pages, landing pages and emails
• You will work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously
• You will take ownership of projects assigned and ensure they meet agreed deadlines to agreed standards
• 0-2 years of experience in creating content and link building in a B2B environment or a technology company, preferably Fintech
• Extensive knowledge of SEO writing best practices with a clear and compelling writing voice, in both Chinese and English
• The ability to multitask and wear many hats in a startup environment with high organizational skills and a deadline-focused attitude.
• Excellent writing and editing skills as well as exceptional communication skills overall.
• Experience writing for SEO to help drive and improve SERP rankings.
• Familiarity with Ahrefs or similar tools is a plus.