Set up by the Ministry of Health under MOH Holdings in 2015, Vanguard Healthcare aims to contribute to the growth and development of eldercare services in Singapore.
Beyond operating eldercare facilities, our mission is to encourage a spirit of innovation, develop manpower capability as well as evolve new models of care. We aim to spread good practices, encourage other players to adopt innovations and promote manpower development, so as to benefit the overall eldercare sector and boost its development over time.
Our first nursing home, Pearl’s Hill Care Home, began operations in January 2016. Woodlands Care Home, our second nursing home, began operations in October 2017. Tampines Care Home, the third nursing home, began operations in end August 2018.
Our Shared Beliefs
All staff of Vanguard espouses the Spirit of iCARE and the following shared beliefs:
Integrity and Professionalism - Entrusted with a critical public mission, we must do the right things, do them right, for the right purpose, and with the highest standards of performance;
Compassion - We go the extra mile to care for and respect our residents, clients and colleagues;
Adventurism - We anticipate the future of elderly care and explore new models of care where few innovate;
Resourcefulness - We take initiative to resolve challenges in our workplace by making the most of everyone’s different strengths
Enablement and Teamwork - Together, as a cohesive team, we seek to enable the elderly in the community and embrace the marginalised people in our community to live their lives confidently.
Vanguard’s Spirit of iCARE serves as the bedrock and mindset that we strive to live by to guide and support us in achieving our strategic focus areas and thrusts.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Work under the supervision of Senior/Physiotherapists and Senior/Occupational Therapists to assist in implementing individual and group exercises and treatments to residents
- Ensure safety of residents during therapy sessions
- Assist Senior/Physiotherapists and Senior/Occupational Therapists in procedures that include gait training, -Activities of Daily Living training, active and passive exercise and muscular re-education with the use of mobility aids and equipment, use of modalities for pain management
- Set up and carry out maintenance on apparatus used by the therapist
- Make splints and pressure garments under therapist’s supervision
- Monitor residents' mobility and track their progress in recovery.
- Maintain updated documentation of all treatment records/case notes of residents e.g. file residents’ records, departmental circulars, forms and update daily in NHelp.
- Perform other administrative duties or other duties as assigned by the Rehab Manager.
- Candidate must possess at least a WSQ Higher Certificate in Therapy Support/NITEC in Community Care and Social Services/Diploma or Degree in Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy, Others or equivalent.
- At least 1 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position. Entry level candidates are welcome to apply.
- Demonstrates good communications and interpersonal skills, preferably the use of local languages and dialects. (in order to handle queries and concerns from local and dialect speaking associates
Click on "I'm Interested" to apply now!