National University of Singapore (NUS) / Bachelor of Arts (Hons.)
I am a community and cultural advocate seeking professional experience in the research and policymaking sector. I am passionate about people, identities, and questioning mindsets. As a History major, I listen to different stories that explicates social issues on a personal level, layering it with historical philosophies to better understand phenoms, structures and movements of societies in the world.
Stories and people are my key research motivation as an aspiring Southeast Asian historian. Such aspirations can also extend to my community cause, which is equitable access to education in Singapore and beyond. Combining all of these, the world of research, L&D and policymaking are a snug fit of my passions and aspirations. Learning is a
Major in History, specialty in Southeast Asian history Minor in Economics Resident of College of Alice & Peter Tan
Formulated and strategised the academic direction of CAPT's first hybrid student symposium as the Academic Director.
Part of the CAPTivate Theatre EXCO as Drama/Public Speaking Trainer for CAPTains to be trained in the art of theatre and drama.
• Interacted with university and prospective students and parents during tours and student visit days, answering questions and providing insight. • Researched on effectiveness of outreach efforts by UCO on NUS Admissions social media campaign
• Strategised the curatorial direction for the Banjarese exhibition at Malay Heritage Centre’s Malay Culture Fest (how many people reached?) • Identified different networks and artefacts for exhibition in Singapore, Indonesia and Netherlands at the Malay Heritage Centre
• Integrated different Heartware Network programmes to Heartware Academy to enhance volunteer development across different programmes • Successfully conceptualised training curricula for the volunteer training academy (Heartware Academy)
Formulated the volunteer training arm of Heartware Network through extensive research and curriculum writing. Partnered with several VWOs to build an ecosystem of knowledge-sharing for Heartware Academy, while integrating internal Heartware Network programmes to a common volunteer training curricula that is tailored to the youths' developmental needs.
• Outlined SOPs for training safety in 2SIR to assure fellow NSFs and stakeholders in a strong battalion safety culture • Formulated processes to prepare for operational recalls for 700 soldiers during state emergencies
• Spearheaded reformation of Rover Scouting in Singapore • Outlined policies and processes as a council to reform the governance and development of Rover Scouts in Singapore • Ensured the welfare and development of 400 rovers and 1000 potential Rover Scouts
Acted as the secretariat in a environmental project with fellow Scouts to transform Sarimbun Scouts Camp into a biodiversity hub for Scouts to learn and play with nature, while learning the ropes behind being a good custodian of nature.
• Understudied different corporate lawsuits with Associates and Partners • Prepared legal research papers on estoppels and other pro-bono cases • Translated to Malay for the accused for different pro-bono cases
Achieved excellence in History, Mathematics and General Paper
Cross-functional Team Leadership