I creative, curious, multidisciplinary and entrepreneurial.
Artist and engineer at my core.
Passionate about start ups as advisor and angel investor.
I have worked in a broad diversity of projects that range from embedded devices, mobile apps, web development to human computer interaction, car diagnostic tools and tools for the 3D animation industry.
This has given me a very broad experience in diverse technologies and people. I am happy to mentor junior engineers and to share my experience with start ups in advisory and investor role.
I am hungry for change and disruptive technologies so I am always happy to participate in new projects. Please don't hesitate to send me an email at email@example.com or giving me a call at 323.682.8583 if you think I might be interested.
Lead Software Engineer for a wide range of products for the Ad Tech Team. I was the first full time Front End hire for the team and was able to grow the team to 10 engineers.
Among the many projects I had the opportunity to contribute are City Guides, Marketing Budget Allocation, Uber Marketing Services and lots of infrastructure changes to modernize our stack, like migrations into fusion.js, grpc, graphql, among others.
In the last few years I have made several investments in some extremely cool early stage companies.
The companies I have invested are in diverse industries like human resources, medical data management, sustainable food production, wireless charging, mapping/navigation, virtual reality, robotics and aerospace. And in geographies concentrated in Asia, US and Latin America.
If you are working on something cool feel free to reach out!
I helped making Academy Award movies like Frozen, Wreck It Ralph and Big Hero 6.
I built a lot of tools to make artists jobs easier. I also added tons of utilities to our pipeline to improve its efficacy.
This are some of the projects I worked on are:
• Render Farm Metrics: A web based system to track, display and compare the render farm resource utilization.
• Publish UI: A customizable and modal user interface for artist to submit their artwork to the main repository. This system uses different configuration files to decide which options or widgets to display according to different departments.
• Snow Modeling Tool: A particle based painting tool to help artist to quickly paint snow over existing geometry with customizable parameters.
• Develop, maintain and enhance the studio pipeline.
• Administrator Portal: I rewrote entirely the administrator portal making it more efficient and more usable by relying heavily in asynchronous calls and a coherent user interface.
• Printer Finder: I wrote a module for our core iOS app to be able to find compatible printers on the local network. Once the printers were found the module automatically configures the printers to be used in the app.
• Table Layout Setup: Developed a module for the administrator portal on Raphael.js to be able to setup the table layout of a restaurant. It was fully interactively and totally accessible on any mobile device.
• Quality Assurance Plan: Led the implementation for the quality assurance team.
Research and development of high end Computer Graphics algorithms and applications, focus on human-computer interaction.
• Haptic Rendering: I did a system that extracts scene geometry from a binocular image and uses it as an input to the Novint Falcon robot so people can touch virtual objects captured in the real world. My system also displays the geometry in a 3D space by using a stereoscopic display and creates novel point of views by using a real time motion capture system.
• Interactive Techniques for Rendering in a Dome: We created a wrapper over the Open GL architecture to be able to render into multiple frame buffers to be projected in a half sphere dome. I created a simulator to be able to run your code without the need of specialized hardware.
• Projective Texture Mapping: I combined the use of real time motion capture systems and projectors to be able to display interactive textures on people's bodies or objects they can interact with. Some examples are virtual t-shirt try on, virtual make-up and hand-held camera capture.
• Route Maps Visualization. Used the Moire Patterns to multiplex information on printed route maps.